Students are required to have winter gear for outside recess. We have had donations so if you or someone you know could use winter hats, jackets, boots, hats or mittens please contact the school at 454-2623
· The School still has lots of Garlic for sale. It is $3.00 per bag and it is organically grown. The garlic available is Music which is mild. Please call the school or drop by during the day to purchase some.
· Food Drive collected over 500 pounds of food. The Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade collected the most. J
· The Student Council is also holding a penny drive until the end of the school year. They will decide on a charity to donate to at the end of the school year.
· Winner of the 8th Grade basket full of gift cards and gifts was Troy Wallace. Thanks to all who donated and purchased tickets. J
· Winner of the Christmas basket donated by Ava Lynn Croman, your Miss Penobscot Valley Princess 2018 was won by Susan Murphy. She donated the funds raised the Alexander Elementary 8th Grade Class. Thanks to all who purchased tickets.
· We were looking through our files and noticed that several students are missing photo and video release forms. These are needed for newspaper and website notices for such things as honor roll, sports, school events, etc.
· The 5th annual alumni basketball games taking place on Saturday, December 23rd here at the school. These are for past students who are home during the Christmas Vacation and want to play. Please check out the facebook page on Randy’s Variety for more information. Start time is at 12:00 for the women’s game with the men’s to follow.
· Please see the enclosed informational packet regarding Winter Kids. All students must be ready to go outside on a daily basis. Don’t forget to wear your winter gear.
· School will resume on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Merry Christmas to all!